Here is the list of Rice types
- Basmati - Basmati grain expands more than twice its dry length during cooking. Unlike other types of rice the grains only expand lengthways resulting in the grains retaining their long slender characteristic when cooked.
- Brown Rice - Brown Rice is a whole-grain rice with the inedible outer hull removed. White rice is the same grain but has the hull, bran layer, and cereal germ removed. Brown rice is 100% wholegrain, and has a mildly nutty flavour.
- Ambemohar Rice - Ambemohar rice is used to prepare a thick soup of rice and milk. The rice has been also used for making soft Idli and crispy dosa. This rice is mainly produced in western region of Maharashtra.
- Sona Masuri Rice - Bangaru Theegalu - This is a medium grain rice mainly produced in South India.
- Ponni Rice - This rice is a popular white rice used for cooking which is popular in South India, especially in Tamil Nadu region. Ponni rice is very fluffy, soft and delicious.
- Flattened Rice (Beaten rice) - Flattened rice is a rice that is flattened into flat, light, dry flakes originating from the Indian subcontinent. Rice is parboiled before flattening so that it can be consumed with very little to no cooking. These flakes of rice swell when added to liquid, whether hot or cold, as they absorb water, milk or any other liquids This rice is used to make Pohe - a very popular dish in Maharashtra state of India.
- Idli Rice (Idly) - It is a variety of short-grain parboiled rice. It is used to make very popular south Indian dish - Idly Sambar!
You can buy all these types of rice on our site!!
Major rice brands in India
Here is the list of major rice brands in India
- India Gate by KRBL
- Daawat by LT Foods